Google

Friday, December 29, 2006

Traveling to Venice... Amsterdam plans

So before leaving Roma, one has to see the Sistine Chapel.. which is the most beautiful thing I have seen since arriving in Europe.. women included. It has survived hundreds of years, and still looks prestine.. although you dont get to look at it to closely, the colors are very vibrant, and alive. It was definitely worth the price of admission.

The only thing left to do on Wednesday was make it to the train station in order to catch the train to Venice. Well, it took some time, including an hour and half searching for parking so we could eat lunch.. but by the time I made it to Venice, I had missed the last one going to my Venice stop. But of course not completely understanding the language left me not knowing this. So I jumped on the next train to Venice<.. the other station.. one very far away from my hostel. By the time I realized, I was half way to Bologna and there was no turning back. Also, this train got in to Venice at 11:30pm.. very fun. In the end, it turns out there are trains connecting the station every 20 mins round the clock, so I was okay, but desperately in need of some sleep and a warm bed, both of which my hostel gladdly provided after I forked over 70 euro.. DAMN Venice is expensive.

Other then the pricing, Venice is an absolutely beautiful city, and the people of Italy are amazing. Both beautiful, nice, and friendly, Italy has been both the warmest temperature and welcoming of all my stops. I did find a lack of things to do for a solo guy.. there is a lot of window shopping, but the night life is a little bit tame, things shut down around midnight.. and there was much to shut down.. but there are some great archtecture, and the streets can keep you a mixture of lost and busy all day and night long if you want to. The pizza here was not as good as in Roma, but the fafel wasnt to bad and the women were amazing to look at.

I can see why people say this city is Romatic, the gondal rides although expenisive are an amazing site, although I only saw Asian tourist taking them, if I ever came back with a girlfriend or the such, I would def gladly fork over the dough for it.

Now for my fatal mistake, I have been thinking the entire trip, that I should book my hostel in Amsterdam for my last 2 nights from the begining, so when I went to do it.. everything is full.. I have one for tonight, but nothing for tomorrow.. which could be a problem.. So if you hear stories about a dead homeless indian.. that was me..

Only time will tell I guess....

One last comment... Europeans love their dogs. In my travels, I have seen dogs on planes, trains, metros, buses, trams, on gondalas, water buses, and bridges.. both on leashes, off leashes and in their owners arms.. I have also noticed that the dogs are much more well behaved then anyones I have seen in the states.

Oh Emily Schulz got Frank's phone call last night..

No comments: