Google

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Past couple Roman Days

So.. its true.. Rome is absolutely beautiful. Esp. to me for 2 very specific reasons. One I met my family (an aunt, uncle, two cousins, and my grandpa) and been living rent free with them for the past 3 days. Its been real nice communicating in English and freely once again.

Secondly, I finally got some very awesome weather.. past 2 days have been 50 degrees and warm. Sun and some really old very ancient buildings have been great for my mindset and health.

So Rome is an absolute fun place, yesterday, we saw the Pope, saw about 7 different famous fountains, and about 15 different pillars that were either stolen or made in Egypt form to represent great men/conquests. We also went for an authentic Italian meal, but in reality it was very tourist, but they had opera singers that sang for everyone, so it was a good time.

Today, my uncle, grandpa and myself went to go investigate the Coloseum, Palint Hill and the Victor Emmanuel Monunment. It was pretty cool hanging out with my grandpa and uncle taking in some of the oldest buildings in Roman. The size of these things are insane!! We basically spent most of the time trying to figure out how they managed to assemble these buildings..

Also we took in the Pantheon, Trevi fountain and the main railroad station. It was cool, but tickets to Paris were sold out.. so I guess on to choice two.. Venice.

Raj, my kuz, and I went out to get some pizza, which was insane and had a couple italian beers.. it was fun to chill out with him and catch up on each others lives and learn some pretty interesting details about things we do/ have done.

I am heading there tomorrow after we go and see the Sistine Chapel which should be pretty awesome.

No comments: