Google

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Update on my hobbies..

So besides my normal weekend activities of drowning my self in large quantities of alcohol, I hit the links for the first time on my attempt to better myself as a person and a golfer.

To say it was incredibly successful, as much as I would love to say, I must say it was a testiment to man's ability to continually doing something bad, but still go on. The major success for me, easier to mention because the failures were far to numerous, were sinking a 60 foot putt to make an eagle, a solid bunker shot that put us 15 yards from the pin, and only lossing 3 balls for the entire round (this was prolly driven by my lack of any power rather then hitting the ball and not being able to find it).

I will say this, my favorite form of golf has got to be a scramble because if you hit one good shot(60 ft putt or bunker approach) you feel like you have really done something good, and can easily forget the 3 or 4 other shots that chased you from one side of the fareway to the other. In addition, every time you take a swing, you have a chance to play a nice shot because normally you arent hitting it through trees, playing the rough or bunker or in general have a bad position. It def. increased the enjoyment of my Saturday.

Hopefully when I get home my "Hindi for a Baba" will be there. For those who don't know Hindi, Baba is short for favorite son.. normally the first born. The cds/interactive teachin experience come from Rosetta Stone, which I heard was the best way to learn a new language. It better be for the $150 bucks I shelled out for it. Soon I will be writing entire blog entries in Hindi (if that happens just so you have a hint.... blogspot will translate your blog into Hindi.. only Hindi no other languages.. kinda funny huh).

This weekend I am heading to DC, so be prepared for horseracing stories, chilling on Lincoln, going to Irish Times, and general ridiculousness that occured when I was still living there.. Pistal here I come!

No comments: