Google

Monday, May 14, 2007

Golf Weekend.. 74!

So I shot a 74 this weekend.. would be an amazing score if it hadn't been for my 7 put on 2, and my 5 bunker shots on 6, and my amazing, yes amazing, approach shot of 7 that put the ball behind where I it lay on my orginal shot.

So that is how one gets to 74 while only playing 9 holes. Now I did have a great 3 iron shot on 1, but that was only after 3 shots that went a combined 15 yards, and I also had a pretty sold approach on 5, but that was after I lost my ball on my tee shot and got to drop it on the fairway. But all things considered, those two shots made my day :)

I released the importance of keeping the ball on the fairway this weekend. It is impossible to hit the ball out of tall grass between three trees, and still get good yardage on it. When you have to use a punch shot on average 2 times each hole, you may have a problem as well. It was a scenario, where every shot became a trial of my character which I found I have a pretty solid one. I not only feel comfortable laughing at myself, but feel pretty good when others laugh at me too.. I feel its my gift to humanity for those 3 hours that I can bring humor to the lives of all that get to watch me.

But I think my major take away from the golf outing was people. The married couple I played with were pretty awesome, always encouraging, and just out for a good afternoon. The older gentleman we struck a conversation up with about the weather and the conditions of the course was more then happy to give me a little advice on my swing, and call all weekend golfers ameteurs (which of course I am). But everyone I met out on the course (even the kid who accidently took my clubs instead of his) were all pretty happy, and enjoying themselves. I didn't see anyone breaking clubs, swearing about bad shots, or generally pissed off. (Just because I didn't see it doesn't mean they weren't out there.. but I like to believe they weren't).

Anyway.. besides my incredibly high score, my first solo nine was a fine time.. can't wait until next weekend :)

No comments: