Google

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

25 and Loving It!

So.. its been awhile, but I have a very valid reason. I got shipped off to Cleveland, OH for three weeks to help with quarter close at a GE plant. Technically I am in staying in Streetsboro, OH... a small town about 30 mins outside of Cleveland. The plant is pretty cool, and the opportunity is pretty slick, but I was kinda of hesistant because March is my favorite month. There are three things in March that make it so..

1. March Madness - perhaps the greatest sporting event yearly. Incredibly exciting, tons of action and a lot of amazing compeition plus my alama mater Marquette was looking like it was going to make the field.

2. St. Patty's Day - Probably my favorite holiday, yes better then Christmas. Always a ton of fun, up and partying from 6 am til close.. who wouldnt like that :)

3. My Birthday - March 16th in case you were wondering, is the day I was born. Now while I haven't spent/did anything to wild my last couple birthdays, I resented the fact that I was being told where I HAD to be for my birthday.. was a little bit upsetting.

Now as it turns out, I was probably mistaken about most of this stuff. The 8 days I have been out here have been a lot of fun. I have learned a ton about complaince, shop ops, what not and to do.. and a lot about the other 7 OMLPs that are down here with me. This will be an experience we will all have that will keep us tight knit. I have learned about wild times, sad times, scary times and especially happy times. It has really opened my eyes as to what amazingly gifted and talented people I work with every day with their ability to amaze me with their understanding of my actions and their ability to catch me off guard with things they had done/said or actions like getting me a birthday cake and making an extreme effort to ensure that my birthday was all about me... Its werid as one of the women I am out here said about me " He'll go along with just about anything, he is very flexible and does his best to allow others to have their way/good time".. but it was the same person that insisted on my birthday that we were doing something that I wanted to do... and she wasnt taking no or maybe for an answer...

Other things that have caught me off guard, is a guy that I think could have been a great friend of mine if we met 4 years ago in college. Down to earth, simple, loves to hangout, and overal cool person. Seeing how living with someone creates a very stong bond both that allows you to make fun of them, but also understand them. Seeing how a person of a different culture sees America... allowing me to see my world through a different lens has really opened my eyes up. Meeting an old friend of a friend who easyily manages to knock me off my feet with surprise with some of the things she does.. and a awesome next door neighbor who I was able to be there for when she needed some help..

Its pretty awesome how this experience has shaped my view of these other 7 people.. some I have known for close to 3 years.. others I really basically met 3 weeks ago. So I guess the month of March was not a complete disappointment..

No comments: