Google

Sunday, January 21, 2007

I guess.. GE Owns my Soul..

Its been a week since I posted, mostly because I have been getting my butt kicked all over New York this week. Imagine, condensing a 4 week long training course and a 1 semester long finance class into 5 days of intense, intense training with a bunch of young go-getters in one of the most competitive companies in the USA.

One word -- ROUGH..

Working 7 am til 3 am Sunday thru Thursday, was intense. In general, the people I met were awesome, truly the reason I am so proud to say that I work for the General. The people are top notch. Basically the class was for the top engineering and operations people throughout all of GE who are in their first 2 years. Its a business simulation, where you are running a company. I didnt realize how many different inputs really add up to making a company successful, and how close success and failure really are in the business world. One of the dynamic instructors we had made a statement about halfway through the week that really hit home:

Business is the Greatest Game in the World!

It really is.. there isn't any other game where you can really change the rules of the game whenever you want! Think about it, each and every decision fatally changes the make up of the game. Its amazing. The power is completely in the players hands, and there is no end.. it keeps on going!

Either way, after a long week of training, I just really wanted to get home/back to DC to meet some friends up for an unwinding of sorts, however after 5 hours of delays, and another 3 hours sitting on the runway, I arrived into DC at 15 mins past midnight, only to find out that opps.. They had left my luggage in JFK.. Frick'n Delta.. but what the hell.. I m in DC and I have clothes, I just had them deliver it. Which they gladly did the following night at 3am.. amazing time huh?

Anyway.. I am still exhausted, tomorrow I'll fill you in on one of my top 5 drunkest nights in DC.

Frank Out.. Can't stand Ryan Seacrest...

No comments: