Google

Friday, February 23, 2007

Roomates... and DUI's

So now that I am back in Milwaukee, I have roomates again. For 5 years throughout, I lived with a group of guys that were light heartedly referred to by our girlfriends and outsiders as "The Cult" because we hung out a lot together, and really did not need much to keep ourselves entertained besides a case of beer and a combination of Halo/Fusion Frenzy.

So after a year or so on my own through South Carolina and Washington, DC.. I am once again in the position where I must live with some roomates. Now very much unlike my previous situation, where by shear luck.. I mean shear luck... I ended up meeting and living with some really cool people, I have a little bit of choice in the matter. So let me describe my two roomates, one male and one female. The male is a 66 year old man, getting close to retirement if he could give it up, with two Master's degrees in Finance one from Marquette who works for the Federal Government. The second is a 55 year old women that is the principal of a inner city high school that is just a block away from our chosen residence (very nice for her).

Now before you go and start critizing me or them, you must realize.. They are my parents :)

I feel kinda blessed that I have cool enough parental units that I at 25 can live with them without feeling like they are cramping my style or impacting my everday life in anyway. They are pretty cool people who just like to talk to me these days. Which I think at 25 is a great thing, to actually be able to have a civilized educated discussion with my folks, with feeling like they are judging my life choices or need to give their input on everyone of my choices. They have become more like friends, and less like authority figures. Granted, if they ask me to do something, there is no question of whether it gets done, but rather they dont feel like they have to chase me around to do it either.

I am pretty sure you saw DUI's in the topic and started to worry.. don't both me and everyone I know have been safe the last 6 months and haven't recieved a DUI. However, I got a link I would like to share:

WI Courts Link

This is an awesome site that I can not take credit for discovering.. the credit goes to Mr. Dave Hamers, a guy I worked with on my last team. Basically you can look up any civil or criminal background on any person in the state of Wisconsin. It covers speeding tickets, to DUI's to disorderly conducts, to more servere trials that peopel were involved in. If you are in WI, check it out you may find out some scary things about the people you work or hang out with. Now the disclaimer on this is.. if you don't want to hear about something stupid or horrible your boss did:

DONT LOOK HIM/HER UP!!!!

My record is clean.. all my indiscretions occured prior to my 18th birthday.. which means clean record for Frank... but what about you??

No comments: